March 31, 2015

Amir Khan v Kell Brook fight at Wembley 'within 12 months'

Amir Khan (left) in action against Devon Alexander


Amir Khan has accepted the challenge of Kell Brook and says he would like to fight his British welterweight rival at Wembley within the next 12 months.
Unbeaten 28-year-old IBF champion Brook demanded a showdown with Khan after his win over Jo Jo Dan on Saturday.

Khan, 28, is due to fight an as-yet unnamed opponent in May and is hopeful of then facing the winner of the Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao contest.
But he told Sky Sports: "I'd love to go in the ring and fight Kell Brook."
The Bolton-born fighter continued: "It will happen within the next 12 months but I have already given my word to an opponent and I want to be a man of my word.
"After watching his [Brook's] last performance, I know I can do a deal, winner takes all. It shows it is not about the money, it is about the pride.
"It could be his last fight, I would give him that much of a beating."


Source:BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment