April 23, 2015

My wife beats me, 55yr old man tells court

                                husband-beater
A 55-year-old retiree, Emmanuel Osuya, shocked a court yesterday when he claimed that his wife of 32 years beats him up at “the slightest provocation.”

But Mrs Abigael Osuya (50) denied the allegation, saying: “it is my husband that always beat me up”.
Osuya, a retired civil servant is seeking the dissolution of his marriage at an Igando Customary Court in Lagos for alleged battering by his wife.
His wife, he said, had turned him into a punch-bag.
Osuya said he was afraid his wife may kill him one day.
“My wife wants to kill me; she beats me almost every day with dangerous weapons. On three occasions, she broke my leg, preventing me from going out for days,’’ he said.
Denying the allegation, Mrs Osuya said since they married she had never beaten her husband.
The Court President, Hakeem Oyekan, adjourned the case till April 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment