December 15, 2015

Mahrez insists he will NOT leave Leicester City in January transfer window

Mahrez insists he will NOT leave Leicester City in January transfer window 
 The 26-year-old has been linked with Manchester United, Arsenal and Barcelona after his dazzling performances for the Premier League leaders this season.
 Riyad Mahrez insists he will not leave Leicester City in the January transfer window.

The Algeria international has been one of the Premier League’s standout stars so far, with 11 goals and seven assists in 15 appearances this season.



Arsenal, Barcelona, Manchester United and Tottenham have all been linked with a move for Mahrez, but when asked if he will leave Leicester City next month, the 24-year-old told French radio station RMC: “It’s best for me to stay until the end of the season.”

Mahrez joined Leicester in a £400,000 deal from Ligue 2 club Le Havre in 2014 and admits his move was a risk.

"I was at Le Havre, I had six months left but nobody came to get me. Leicester tried very hard to get me,” said the winger.

"I could feel that they wanted me. I took the decision without knowing the culture or the area. It was a risk.


"When you come from far away and you ended up in the Premier League it makes you happy."

Leicester currently sit top of the Premier League after Monday’s 2-1 win over Chelsea but Mahrez has reiterated that the team are not title frontrunners.

"We are not going to win the league, no.” he said.

“I don't think we have broad enough shoulders to do it.

 “At the moment we are first, but that means nothing, the big teams will wake up at some point.”

No comments:

Post a Comment