April 19, 2015

Matching Lineker makes me so proud-Kane

   Kane: Matching Lineker makes me so proud

Harry Kane expressed his pride at becoming the first Tottenham player since club legend Gary Lineker to score 30 goals in all competitions in a single season.

The England international hit the 30-goal mark by scoring the third and final goal as Spurs defeated Newcastle United 3-1 at St James' Park on Saturday.



Asked by Sky Sports about the milestone, Kane said: "I'm very proud but there are five games left and, hopefully, I'll get a few more goals.

"We deserved it today. We played well. We've had some disappointing performances in the last couple of weeks and we wanted to put that right. I had a couple of chances and the goalkeeper made some good saves but I'm delighted to get back on the scoresheet."

Kane, who has been nominated for both the PFA Young Player of the Year and Player of the Year awards, registered his 20th league goal of the season adding to Nacer Chadli and Christian Eriksen's earlier strikes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment