March 9, 2015

Denrele Edun explains why he dressed like a shameless slut clad in gold to the AMVCAs

Denrele Edun adores the spotlight and he naturally steals the show anywhere he goes.
The popular presenter, red carpet host and dancer stole the attention of paparazzi’s at the the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2015 as he walked the red carpet in an all-gold feminine gown attire.
Since pictures of his attire hit the web, fans and trolls have taking swipes at him – as usual, with some calling him unprintable names.
When asked why he decided to dress the way he did, Denrele said he went shopping and spotted the material on a shelf in Tiannah’s place, owned by Toyin Lawani and decided he wanted to look like the AMVCA statuette.

According to him, “It is 24-carat gold and I just looked at it and I said to myslef, ‘why not strut out something that reeks of the statuette?’ and I wanted to look like a statuette tonight. I know I went a bit overboard with it. I mean my back is all in the open and I am hot. I do not know how you ladies do it. My back is so sweaty that I had to tell everyone who wants to hug me to put their hand on my butt instead of my back. It is quite difficult to maneuver as well but this is what I’m going to rock the afterparty with.”

The dress and almost everything he wore, including his braids, was designed by Elegante by Tiannah Styling.

No comments:

Post a Comment