April 2, 2015

Sterling admits he is “flattered” by Arsenal’s interest

      Sterling Everton-v-Liverpool-Premier-League

Liverpool forward has said it is “quite flattering” to be linked with Arsenal, as talks over a new Liverpool continue to stall.
Speaking to BBC Sport, the England international confirmed he has rejected £100,000-a-week deal, to extend his current contract which ends in 2017.

The 20-year-old, however, insisted that he is not a “money grabber” and that he is focused on his football for now.
“Yeah definitely it’s quite flattering [to be linked], but I try to just block everything out in my head and just keep playing football and doing well in my next game,” he said.
“My next game is against Arsenal [on Saturday] and I’ll be trying to my best against them, I won’t hide anything about that.
“I’m just happy to be playing football and want to do my best for Liverpool”, he stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment