May 24, 2015

I Do Not Dabble Into Ogun State Politics – Bode George

                           
Chief Bode George, the leader of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) denied rumours that he used the influence of his wife for the attack against senator-elect Buruji Kashamu. 
George, who was speaking from the United Kingdom May 23, Saturday, defined the accustion as a ‘huge joke.’ 
He said: “I don’t understand what this is all about. How does Kashamu’s arrest affect the price of milk? My wife is not the chairman of the NDLEA, so how can I give her orders when she has a boss? Also, that agency always follows due process.

“I am happy that the NDLEA has issued a statement to the effect that Kashamu’s arrest has nothing to do with me or politics. I do not dabble into Ogun State politics.
“Kashamu is like a younger brother to me and he is not known to speak in such a manner. I am sure it is his media adviser that concocted this falsehood.”
It would be recalled that Buruji Kashamu’s media assistant had blamed Bode George for standing behind the onslaught against his boss, “in a bid to score cheap political points.”
The residence of the Ogun state senator-elect was yesterday surrounded by the officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency.
There were reports that the drug enforcers are set to extradite Kashamu to the US to answer to drug offenses.
Meanwhile NDELA explained that stated that the siege on the home of senator-elect, is an extra-judicial action.








Naij

No comments:

Post a Comment